Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Nightly Ritual...with Babybella


Don't you guys just love your little rituals that you have with each of your kitties. This is what happens when Bella wants to sleep next to me at night.
 
1. First I hold up cover..then she sits there looking in like some Bed Monster is going to come out and get her. So I have to reassure her that it is OK to go in that dark scary hole!
 
2. She finally goes in. When she gets in the scary hole she has to turn around in circles 3 times..not 1 not 2 but 3 times every time. When she finally decides to lay down if my arm is not just so,so well
she has to get up and turn around in circles more 3 times...always 3 times. I can't believe that I ruined it for her by not having that arm just right..I should know better. Back to the story...well if I'm lucky she only does this little ritual maybe a couple of times...remember if I'm lucky!
 
3. Finally...she can lay down close to her mama..her back has to be touching me or we have to start over all over again. With her laying close to me and with my arm just right and the covers are not covering her head..shes scared of that too... she can finally lay that sweet little head down. Oh if you only knew how content this kitty is at this point..you can understand our little ritual.
 
4. I kiss the back of her sweet little head and we finally get to go to sleep!!
 
I just love rituals!! Don't you?






22 comments:

Brian said...

That is a very special time for both of you!

Sweet Purrfections said...

Rituals between a kitty and the humans is very special!

Timmy Tomcat said...

I go on the bed and Head Bump my Pops
He picks up the blanket and I go in and lay down after making a little digging moves.
Then I go prrrrttt prrrt.
We lay quietly for a few minutes than I charge out and go MEOW!
Love the rituals

Deb said...

Our Annie is very similar. She has to sleep the same way every night right tucked up beside me. So sweet.

~*Connie*~ said...

that is really sweet!

Margaret said...

Every time Mom lies down, I hop up on the bed. Sometimes I have to complain if the tartan is not spread out properly. Most of the time she sees me coming and races to get the tartan blankie in place.
Do you think I might have been adopted by the Himalayans? Maybe I'm really Scottish.?!
Mandu

Fuzzy Tales said...

We think that's pretty special too. But for some reason our human is less than impressed with Derry's nightly 2AM ritual of pawing at her face to wake her up for cuddles.

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Aww, that's so sweet!

Cheri Wildcatwoods said...

That is a very sweet ritual! We have too many that they get into fights over who gets to sit with Mom on the bed.

cats of wildcat woods

Mr Puddy said...

You know Me and Mom always love the story like this !
every kitties have a special bond with their human, and it's so lovely. Keep me smile or giggle all the time : )

Thanks for your sweet ritual, it make our day : )
xoxo

CATachresis said...

Oh yes! The human/kitty rituals are mega important!! But the kitty is always in charge!

meowmeowmans said...

Kitty bedtime rituals are wonderful! Babybella's sounds eerily similar to the one that our Angel Graphite used to do each night. So sweet. :)

Old Kitty said...

Awwww beautiful Bella!! It's so lovely to meet you and your wonderful mum! We love your little bed time ritual together! Guaranteed to give you the sweetest dreams ever! Yay! take care
x

Grrreta said...

Thank you for your kind words of sympathy for the loss of our beloved Grrreta. Your thoughtfulness and friendship are truly appreciated.

Purrs,
Ambrose, Clarence, Teddi, Baskin, Abner, and Mom Michelle

Admiral Hestorb said...

Mommy and I have our rituals too. I will write about them tomorrow.

Fanks you for visiting Admiral Hestorb my dear sisfur. xoxoxox


http://katieisabella.blogspot.com

Cheri Wildcatwoods said...

Thank you very much for your comforting words of sympathy in the passing of our beloved Chica.

Prancer Pie said...

Thank you for leaving us words of comfort after Princess' journey to the Bridge. XOXO

Everycat said...

This made our ape chuckle, she misses the nightly ritual with dear departed Angel who would not settle until all the turns had been made and the duvet arranged exactly right.

Gerry & Mungo

meowmeowmans said...

Thank you, Melody, for stopping by with such kind and thoughtful comments when it was time for our sweet boy Sammy to leave for the Bridge. Your words, purrs and prayers are such a comfort to us at this sad time. We are truly blessed by your friendship.

Hugs and much love.

Kevin, Tracey and Moosey

Margaret said...

Bella,
Go tell Marley to wake up!
Mandu

onlinephduk said...

I always search for bed monsters before I go to bed, it is serious business. Bedtime rituals are so important and they have to be just right. I think this ritual that your little critter has is so sweet.

Online Doctorate Psychology

Katiez Katz said...

with my foster kitties... they all take turns sleeping near the foster mommy. my newest little foster - little bear is very ritualistic though and has to talk about everything before he settles down to nap with me.